|Project Name||KFSU Ltd|
|Project Ownership||Private Enterprise|
|Date Listed||Nov 24, 2010|
|Status of Project||Ready to Commence Works|
|Location||Available upon enquiry|
|Total Project Value||Between $5 million and $50 million|
|Type of Investment Sought||Equity|
|Investment Bracket||Between $1 million and $5 million|
|Description||Established in 2006, KFSU is primarily a food ingredient manufacturing company creating new products from agriculture. The company has accomplished an astounding record of technological achievements and awards for trade innovation. The core competency is processing and extracting fibre, juice concentrates from sugarcane, fruit and vegetables for purification and sale as ingredients to the global food industry.
KFSU has established:
• A solid and experienced management team, with expertise ranging from successful business development and management, International United Nations project management, and senior corporate executives.
• A strategically skilled team with a reputation for environmental and social responsibility and single-minded determination to succeed.
• A solid customer base in Japan with prospective customers securing supply through Letters of Intent to purchase when the plant has been commissioned.
• A strong customer base in Australia.
• High interest from sugar millers in Australia, Costa Rica and India with a Joint Venture contract to build a KFSU dietary fibre plant in Costa Rica in 2011.
• A technical development program that resulted in:
o Successful technology with high commercial value.
o A provisional patent on the initial process developed.
o A provisional patent on an enhanced process.
o A PCT patent on the enhanced process.
o A long term coalition with the Queensland Dept of Primary Industries and Fisheries, which supports KFSU through IP development.
• A formal partnership with a marketing organisation in Japan.
• Established strategic distributors in Australia, New Zealand hand Japan.
• An emerging distributorship in the USA.
• A plant for production of Kfibre®.
• A long term supply contract with one of the single largest sugarcane producers in Australia, the Burdekin Irrigation Group, which has the capacity to meet KFSU’s raw material needs over the next 15 years and beyond.
The customer base includes global small-goods manufacturers, a large UK sugar company, chocolate manufacturers, poultry product manufacturers and marketers, and snack-food companies. A full marketing program will not be commenced until large commercial scale production commences in 2011.
KFSU has managed and minimised risk paving the way for profitable sales which will commence during Q2 2011 calendar year.
The first product to market will be dietary fibre manufactured from sugarcane for human foods. Follow on products will be sugarcane juice concentrate, and fibre from other agricultural products.